Monday 6 April 2015

A Simple Patchwork Quilt



A cheeky pose from Jiji! This quilt was made using Moda Charm Packs, speed-pieced together to create a simple patchwork.




Quite a few people think that using pre-made material packs like Jelly Rolls, Charm Packs or Layer Cakes is 'cheating', but as my mum says, there is no such thing as the quilt police!

And if they are, they are far too squishy and cuddly to be a real threat, eh?





These pre-cut fabric shapes (squares and strips) are arranged into groups of similar or complimentary colours and designs, usually from a collection by an artist.

This means that, for your first quilt, or if you're wanting to get stuck right in without buying an entire stash of fabric, these make for a quick, easy piece together.

I like Moda because they are quality fabrics in a range of nice designs.

Click here to go to Moda Shop Online!

They can also be used for more complex quilts, and there are hundreds of books on patterns to use especially with these Packs.



I will hopefully do a tutorial on speed-piecing for patchwork, because it is really simple and really hard to mess up!

(I managed it. You'll see the lines do not match up in a perfect geometric way. Also I got muddled as to where I had put each colour block so none of it matches my original design!)

No comments:

Post a Comment